Cortx is looking for someone who thinks artificial intelligence is AWESOME.
What we are doing now:
We are a profitable and stable artificial intelligence startup that is building a tool that automatically writes content about any subject with the same level of quality, factual accuracy, and usefulness as a human.
What we are building towards:
Our dream is two parts:
Part one: Develop strong AI – artificial intelligence that is smarter than a human.
Part two: Do this without selling our souls to venture capitalists or outside investors who will be more focused on Q4 profit, than on making sure this technology creates a profoundly better society.
How we plan on getting towards that goal:
Cortx is entirely self-funded and is already profitable by selling awesome artificial intelligence products. We want to continue to advance artificial intelligence through sustainable, iterative, and self-funded improvements so that we can eventually reach our end goal while remaining independent and principled.
We have a product roadmap where we create and deliver products that our users love, with the requirement that everything we work on is furthering our research and understanding of complicated artificial intelligence concepts.
What you will be doing:
We currently sell a product that generates content based on user input using large transformer networks. Our customers love the product, the content looks and reads well, but still is lacking in factual accuracy and relevance.
You will be working directly with the Founder & CEO (who is leading the artificial intelligence team, both as a manager and as an individual contributor) and other developers to bridge this gap and build a product that is able to generate high quality, factually relevant and interesting content about any keyword that a user inputs.
This will involve training new models and making improvements to existing ones. You will constantly be ingesting research papers, finding and implementing ways to take what is cutting edge, and writing production code to apply it to our goals. You will be analyzing where our current methods are falling short and devising and implementing ways to improve and iterate.
What you’ll mainly be working in:
What we want from you:
- You read this job posting and mission statement and found it to be inspiring
- Your dream job is in the field of artificial intelligence
- You are an awesome developer with a Computer Science (or very similar) background
- You have lots of experience (professionally, through internships, or through personal projects) with deep learning – preferably TensorFlow
- A solid enough understanding of math that you can read and understand AI research papers
- Experience writing production code
- You take immense pride in the work you do and think you are exceptional
- You want to be contributing ideas, values, thoughts, and direction (we are a small company, and your boss is the Founder/CEO, so we want people who want to make a mark on our direction and vision!)
Some benefits of working at Cortx include:
- Generous salary – we would rather have one superstar than two mediocre players
- Premium benefits – Completely paid health coverage, 401k, profit sharing, gym membership, and more
- Offices located on the water in Baltimore’s Inner Harbor
- Freedom of working at a small company – you will report directly to the CEO
- The excitement of a startup with the stability of a profitable company
- We work on interesting problems that push the envelope in AI